Saturday, July 16, 2016

Daily Tournament Blog: Gurguit gets Top 2 at Card Cubby TCG

Daily Tournament Blog: Gurguit gets Top 2 at Card Cubby TCG

Hello Cardfighters its Major Spades, and I have gotten top 2 at a small Vanguard tourney at Card Cubby TCG inside True Collectable Comic shop.  Their tourneys are every Thursdays at 6:30pm.  There was 6 very strong and competitive contestants with 3 swiss rounds.  I hope that this article can bring more Cardfighters to this shop and other shops I play at so we can all play, enjoy and make a big fun community with Vanguard.  In the tourney, I was using my Gold Paladin Gurguit unite deck that I previously revealed.  Lets get into my 3 round experience.  In my first round, I was matched up against Gear Chronicle which was a Chronofang Tiger deck.  I 2-0 my opponent because my first two games I was constantly calling out rear guards not losing any hand unless for guarding.  His deck put in soo many multiple attacks due to Upstream Dragon and Tick Tock Worker.  There were times he send my units to the bottom of the deck, but I kept calling more units thanks to Gurguit and Perimore.  Every turn, I stride into Scourge Point Dragon to begin hitting hard to Sun Radiance Sword Gurguit to finish off my opponent.  Round 2 I faced off against a Megacolony Machining build, and I lost 2-1 due to the stun mechanic from Megacolony on both rear guards and Vanguard thanks to Machining Destroyer.  I was able to get off one win against him because he wasn't on Machining Stagbeetle but on Machining Tarantula, so he wasn't able to get his rear guards out from soul to Machining Destroyer lock me.  Third and final round was against Kageo which was Dragonic Overlord the Legend deck.  I 2-0 him because he can retire as much of my rear guards as possible, but I kept calling more and more.  In both games, I was able to overwhelm him with high column rear guards from both Gurguit and Scourge Point strides which placed me in second out of top 3.  The top 3 decks were Megacolony Machining at first, Gurguit Golds second, and Gran Blue Nightrose/Nightmist at third.  It was a fun tourney, and I was very happy to get into top 3, and I hope there will be more people to participate in the local tourneys that I participate in, so I can see and play against soo many unique decks.  I hope you like my experience, and I hope that Vanguard and the community can stay fun and grow.  Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment